This Keto peanut butter smoothie is a light and refreshing keto smoothie with a delicious peanut butter flavor. Plus, this is a dairy-free low-carb smoothie with only 4.7 grams of net carbs per serving.
IS PEANUT BUTTER KETO-FRIENDLY?
Yes, you can have peanut butter on a keto diet. Obviously, it has to be pure peanut butter made of 100% peanuts with no added sugar and no added oil.
In fact, vegetable oils are not keto-friendly, and many brands add oils or sugar to their products.
So make sure to check the ingredient list and look for peanuts only or peanuts and salt.
So is this chocolate peanut butter smoothie keto? Yes, it very much is! Use it to top up your macros, and it can help you with your weight loss.
To learn how to calculate your macros, check out my macro calculator!
CAN I TAKE A PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE AS A PROTEIN SHAKE?
Absolutely! Many Keto-friendly smoothies can be used as protein shakes. Just make sure to include enough good protein sources!
One way to add some healthy, keto-friendly proteins is to add a scoop of low-carb protein powder. Most of them would not alter the total carbs but would boost your proteins!
HOW TO MAKE KETO PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE
This is an easy keto breakfast smoothie ready in 5 minutes using only 6 wholesome ingredients.
Bonus, it’s also a vegan smoothie if you are using canned coconut cream instead of heavy cream!
Let’s have a look at the ingredients you need to make this magical refreshing keto drink.
- Peanut butter – as mentioned above, make sure you use natural peanut butter, no added sugar, no added oil.
- Sugar-free crystal sweetener – I love to use Erythritol or Monk fruit blend, but xylitol will work as well. Learn more about keto sweeteners.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – this adds a delicious chocolate flavor for the best chocolate smoothie.
- Cream – heavy cream or canned coconut cream for a dairy-free alternative. Learn why cream is a good keto-friendly dairy product.
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Ice cubes – play with the amount of ice and change the texture! For an icier, frothier low-carb smoothie recipe, add a few more ice cubes!